Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hobbies

Aright, so a minor setback.  I may have forgotten that I have a blog.


Sorry guys!  Without a focus it's difficult to feel inspired.

Today's focus is hobbies.  One of my friends, and former roommate, from law school is getting married to a wonderful man.  He has the most hobbies of anyone I know.  He keeps bees (bees!), has a kiln, does woodworking, bbqs, has a huge collection of dvds, and many more. I can't even keep track of them all.

I've been acquiring new hobbies, which I'm ecstatic about.  First up, golf.  I can't play any more basketball anymore; three ligament tears and two ACL reconstruction surgeries means I'm not built for lateral movement.  So my athletic ability and competitive edge will hopefully be satisfied with a new athletic hobby.  I took my first lesson this weekend and a light bulb went off. Now I feel like I get golf.  I borrowed someone's golf magazine and read it cover to cover.  Halfway through I realized I'd paged through the magazine before, that specific issue, and only actually read one article about the environmental and legal issues with a particular golf course. That was before I played golf! Now I'm a golfer and small rule FAQs were as interesting as a guest article on troubleshooting your flop shot (a real thing!).

I was literally bouncing during my lesson, I was so excited.

I'm also thrilled about my other hobby, but I'll tell you all about that next time.

Fore!

No comments:

Post a Comment